ChandlerAZ.gov

How can we improve City of Chandler?

(From the City Budget Survey) Water Conservation

I would support higher water costs if it helps to conserve water. What is Chandler working on in terms of waste water recycling?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindavidbigos (Admin, City of Chandler) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jessica commented  · 

Please don't increase cost to deter water usage. It's hurts us all. Provide it at cost as residents of the community.

• Admindavidbigos (Admin, City of Chandler) commented  · 

Chandler has worked hard over the years to make full use of our reclaimed water resource. Chandler is one of the few cities in the Valley that fully utlize it's reclaimed water generated from it's wasterwater plants either through direct irrigation of HOA landscaped area's, golf courses and schools, direct injection for underground storage and potable water exchange with the Gila River Indian Community. This policy of reuse of our reclaimed water resource is key to meeting water demands for a growing CIty.

Chandler has many water conservation and education programs available to residents. These programs include rebate programs for conversion to low water use landscaping and landscape irrigaton controllers as well as water conservation education programs for both children and adults. The City also offers free water audits as well as free "Water Wise Landscaping" software to help with your landscape design. You can learn more about all of these programs by visiting our Water Conservation website at Chandleraz.gov http://www.chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=369

• DA commented  · 

I do not support increasing any costs. Taxes and the cost of living is already out of control. Governing entities need to live within their budget instead of running to the taxpayers and increasing their costs.

Mayor Jay Tibshraeny

Feedback and Knowledge Base